Saturday, 11 July 2015

The Difference Between a Map and a Compass

source
I'm a planner, and as such I find it really uncomfortable to do things without a map. If I'm going somewhere physical it's a literal map, if I'm saving for a purchase the map is a bit more figurative(ba-dum-tish) but I've done day-by-day cash flow assessments before so it's still detailed.

This goal focused but baby-step action thing is kinda uncomfortable for me... but I guess you can't grow if you stay in your comfort zone right? I have goals to aim for, I'll be taking a close look at the first few steps in front of me, but how A gets to B is a mystery. There may be back tracking, or mountains to climb, or chasms to walk around, or all three for all I know. It's very unnerving.

I've set the compass, so now it's just a matter of putting one foot in front of the other and doing it again and again till I'm there.

Wish me luck?